As seen on screen.
Look out for the white film trucks – and celebrities – cruising through Coquitlam. The cameras are rolling and some of Hollywood’s top actors have been spending time in the city.
Looking for more information on the British Columbia Film Industry? Visit Creative BC for details on the sectors, services, programs and filming in your community.
- Deadpool 2, starring Ryan Reynolds: Riverview Lands
- Richard Says Goodbye, starring Johnny Depp: Riverview Lands
- Godzilla: Private property off United Blvd.
- War for the Planet of the Apes: Crown land behind Lafarge Cement Quarry
- The Mountain Between Us, starring Kate Winslet and Idris Elba: Sim North Bend Studio
- The Good Doctor: Coquitlam River Park, private residences, Sim North Bend Studio
- The Twilight Saga New Moon: Widgeon Marsh, private residence
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool
- Elysium, starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster: Riverview Lands
- Riverdale: Riverview Lands
Coquitlam is home to some popular film locations, including:
- Riverview Hospital
- Town Centre Park
- Lafarge Lake, City Centre
- Upper Coquitlam River Park
- Many of Coquitlam’s forested areas
A number of TV series have filmed in Coquitlam, including Once Upon a Time, The X-Files, The 100, Supernatural, Stargate, Lost in Space (Netflix), Wayward Pines, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, iZombie, Prison Break, Bates Motel and Lucifer.
Do you live in B.C.? If so, how would you like to have Hollywood knocking on your door? Metro Vancouver is one of the largest centres for motion picture productions in North America. Whether you own a mansion or a cozy cottage, scouts are on the lookout for properties that may be suitable for filming. You can register your home for free with Creative BC as a potential film location.
Coquitlam is “picture-perfect” for filmmakers. We have a dedicated, one-stop permitting process that provides convenient services for the filming community.