Take a walk around Town Centre Park, which buzzes with outdoor festivals year round. Go shopping at any of the malls or plazas in the area, including Coquitlam Centre, followed by a wide selection of places to eat and drink. Want to step up your fitness routine? Why not walk the state-of-the-art rubberized track at Percy Perry Stadium or explore the forested trails around Hoy Creek Fish Hatchery. And that’s not all! From sporting events at Town Centre Park to art exhibitions and live shows at Evergreen Cultural Centre, this Coquitlam neighbourhood will keep you busy from morning ’til night.
At the heart of the action is Town Centre Park, which in 2017 was voted the best public space in Canada by the Canadian Institute of Planners. Hop off SkyTrain at Lafarge Lake-Douglas station to explore the park, which features a flat trail encircling Lafarge Lake, as well as amenities such as a playground, spray park, table tennis & foosball tables, outdoor exercise equipment and the Inspiration Garden featuring floral displays & sculptures. Another popular spot is the Hoy Creek Linear Park, home to the Hoy Creek Fish Hatchery which hosts the salmon run events twice each year.
- Shop and eat local along Glen Drive, City Centre’s hub of diverse eateries and shops for all tastes
- Browse through Coquitlam Centre, one of BC’s largest shopping malls with close to 200 stores and located at the Lincoln SkyTrain station
- Let Evergreen Cultural Centre entertain you with a cultural variety of theatre, dance productions, comedies and musical performances and visit the art gallery showcasing exhibitions
- Visit the City Centre Aquatic Complex, a family-fun stop featuring an 8-lane, 50-metre Olympic length swimming pool, wave pool, waterslide, whirlpool and a 3,000 sq. ft. fitness centre
- Enjoy regional and international sports events at Percy Perry Stadium, a state-of-the-art track and field facility located at Town Centre Park
- Fish by shore, dock or float tube at the picturesque Lafarge Lake at Town Centre Park
- Drop by the Coquitlam Public Library City Centre Branch on Pinetree Way to browse the vast book selection or attend fun and educational activities for all ages