Start your day with a latte at the local coffee bar, then stroll the streets and discover some of the hidden gems, from restaurants and salons to the popular neighbourhood pub. You’ll also find professional and specialty businesses such as banks, hardware shops, grocery stores, and independent retailers where you can pick up gifts, sewing goods and fishing tackle. Austin Heights is an unassuming culinary gem that’s overflowing with restaurants worthy of exploration. Foodies will be in their element as they try to decide between everything from Italian to Indian, or stop into the local deli or bakery for homemade delights. Visit the Austin Heights Business Improvement Association for information on this neighbourhood’s local businesses.
Austin Heights is home to the lush urban forest of Blue Mountain Park. Take a stroll to view the stone sculptures and water feature. In summer, the wading pool, spray park and accessible playground are bustling with energy.
- Shop local in a varied selection of specialty stores to pique everyone’s interest
- Never go hungry in this neighbourhood with diverse culinary delights from around the world
- Join in the annual Daisy Day festival, which includes live performances and fun for the entire family
- Close proximity to the Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex for ice skating, swimming, drop-in fitness, Coquitlam Express and Junior & Senior Adanacs games, plus the Coquitlam Sports Hall of Fame
- Visit the “Lest We Forget” public art mural honouring Veterans at the Royal Canadian Legion #263 Coquitlam