State-of-the-art sports facilities, drop-in fitness centres, cardio classes…you’ll find all of them at Coquitlam rec centres. Crank up your sports and fitness routine by dropping into a recreation centre to find out about the latest programs and drop-in classes available.
This incredible complex features ozone water purification in the wave pool and the 8-lane, 50-metre Olympic length swimming pool. The wave pool features a lazy river, interactive water features and a 54-metre waterslide (that peeks outside the building). If that’s not enough you can hit up the whirlpool, steam room and dry sauna or get a workout in at the 3,000 sq. ft. fitness centre. Located steps from Lafarge Lake-Douglas SkyTrain station in Coqutilam’s City Centre, you can refuel at the poolside cafe or head to the High Street for eats.
1210 Pinetree Way |map
- Monday – Saturday, 5:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Water park features and diving boards are open on a rotating schedule, 10:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Percy Perry Stadium is a state-of-the-art track and field facility at Town Centre Park, which plays host to both regional and international events. The covered stadium can seat 1,600 people with 200-plus standing and 300 external bleachers. It has a scoreboard and message/video board and four change rooms. Host to events like the Harry Jerome International Track Classic and CanWest Games, Percy Perry Stadium is the next level for serious athletes wanting to get some time on the track.
- Open 5 a.m. – 11 p.m. | subject to change for special events
Want to go ice skating? This facility has an NHL-size rink where you can hit the ice or watch a championship-level hockey or lacrosse game. Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex also has a six-lane lap pool, leisure therapy pool, steam room and sauna, indoor fitness track and drop-in classes.
Raining outside? Try the indoor fitness track, which is free to use during operational hours (except during ticketed events). One lap = 210 metres. The facility is also home to the Coquitlam Sports Hall of Fame, which is located in the entrance area and is free to see.
633 Poirier St. | map
- 7 days a week, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Coquitlam plays host to everything from regional sporting events to international competitions. We have a variety of sports fields and courts throughout the city that are available for leisure, recreation or organized sports.
Town Centre Park is a destination site for sports, recreation and leisure, home to Percy Perry Stadium. Sports fields include four lit synthetic turf sports fields and warm-up area, two grass sports fields, and sports courts for roller hockey, basketball, baseball, volleyball, and tennis.
- Centennial Activity Centre 578 Poirier St.
- Dogwood Pavilion 1655 Winslow Ave.
- Glen Pine Pavilion 1200 Glen Pine Crt.
- Pinetree Community Centre 1260 Pinetree Way
- Poirier Community Centre 630 Poirier St.
- Smiling Creek Activity Centre 3456 Princeton Ave.
- Summit Community Centre 1450 Parkway Blvd.
- Victoria Community Hall 3435 Victoria Dr.
- Youth Centres various locations