When the mercury climbs, families stay cool and embrace the summer weather at our forest-fringed spray parks and outdoor pools with a view. When winter hits, our wave pool and whirlpools let you pretend it’s summer all year long.
Slap on the sunscreen and release the kids! Coquitlam has eight locations to choose from, including a top spot at Blue Mountain Park, which also has a playground and a wading pool for young tykes. Another popular choice is the spray park at Town Centre Park, which is also next to a skate park and playground.
- Blue Mountain Park, 975 King Albert Ave.
- Burns Park, 802 Edgar Ave.
- Galloway Park, 3404 Galloway Ave.
- Mackin Park, 1046 Brunette Ave.
- Norm Staff Park, 3320 David Ave.
- Panorama Park, 1455 Johnson St.
- Rochester Park , 1390 Rochester Ave.
- Town Centre Park, 1299 Pinetree Way
There are plenty of places to beat the heat when Coquitlam’s outdoor pools are open for the season. Eagle Ridge and Spani pools both have large picnic areas and diving boards, with lifeguards on duty. Did you know? Diary of a Wimpy Kid was filmed at Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool!
Blue Mountain Wading pool is another family-friendly choice, close by a super-fun spray park and brand new playground at Rochester Park.
- Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool, 2689 Guildford Way
- Spani Outdoor Pool, 655 Hillcrest St.
- Blue Mountain Wading Pool, 975 King Albert Ave.
- City Centre Aquatic Complex, 1210 Pinetree Way
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex, 633 Poirier St.