Taste of the Tri-Cities is the event we’ve all been waiting for – a reason to dine out (or take out) and try something new. With the bonus of staying close to home, this foodie event is an excuse to eat, drink and be merry, all while supporting our local restaurants.
Running from Friday, Feb. 17 until Sunday, March 12, this event showcases dozens of restaurants throughout Coquitlam, Port Moody and Port Coquitlam, including over 30 in Coquitlam alone. Participating restaurants, pubs, cafés and craft breweries are offering food specials that won’t be seen on the regular menu.
Visit the Taste of the Tri Cities website to view the offers and start planning your path to support local.
Need more inspiration? Check out our latest blog, the recent article in the Tri City News on Taste of the Tri-Cities.
Coquitlam Restaurants to Try
So, what’s on the menu? In no particular order, here are some highlights you won’t want to miss. Click to learn more about the Taste of the Tri-Cities.
- Fairways Grill & Patio: $32 set lunch menu and $38 set dinner menu. Come for the food, stay for the view, bring your clubs and hit the range pre or post meal. Call ahead to reserve.
- Bar + Restaurant Nellos: $39 three course menu. Located in Maillardville, this restaurant will be sure to deliver a beautiful meal.
- Mariner Brewing: $18 for any handheld menu item or flatbread of your choice + sleeve (12oz) or flight of Mariner Beer. Check out Mariner Brewing and remember their patio is dog friendly.
- Me-N-Ed’s Pizza Parlor: $45 dinner for two. Convenient location on Austin Ave. Check out this local favourite.
- Milestones Bar & Grill: Dining at Milestones Bar & Grill just got better. Now enjoy a 3-course menu for $45.
- Nagano Japanese Restaurant: Check out the $69.99 dinner combo. at Nagano Japanese Restaurant located just across the street from Coquitlam Centre.
- Pasta Polo & Brick Oven Pizza: $21 two course set menu. Enjoy their Linguine Carbonara & Mini Cheesecake.-
- The John B Neighbourhood Pub: $12.50 for a sleeve of Craft Beer and a Patagonia beef rib appetizer for $12.50. Enjoy choosing from one of the 80 beers on tap at this local favourite in Austin Heights.
- Soul Bite Food:10% Off Online Orders with Promo Code: LOVE. Check out their award winning line up of vegan comfort food with traditional flavours from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- Freshslice Pizza: Freshslice Pizza is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Flavourful sauces, real cheeses, fresh toppings all spread on a delicious multigrain crust equals, comfort food at its finest. Enjoy their Six Taste of the Tri-Cities Specials to choose from.
- Loz Takos: 15% off all purchases. This taqueria specializes in traditional, authentic Mexican street food with an urban ambiance.
- The Taphouse Coquitlam: $25 two course menu. Brunch, lunch or dinner be sure to check out this modern tavern with great craft beer selection and scratch made food.
- Beanery Coffeehouse and Eatery: 15% off all Thin Crust Pizzas and Sandwiches (Mon-Fri). Try out this family-run business specializing in organic ingredients, homemade pizzas and tasteful vegan/vegetarian options.
- C Market Coffee + Roastery + Kitchen: Try one of their new pasta dishes + a special cake sampler for $25. Coffee is ground on-site at this upscale coffee bar with amazing treats.
- Cakes N Sweets: $65 High Tea for Two. Featuring delectable baked treats and so much more.
- Coffee + Vanilla: $22.95 for a box of 7 pastries.. This Austin Heights café is a fav among coffee lovers, complete with amazing desserts, cakes and coffees.
- BjornBar Bakery: 25% off a sandwich, gourmet dessert bar and a drink. Everything fresh and everything made in house at this Burquitlam Bakery right across from the Burquitlam SkyTrain Station.
- Caffe Divano: Get a $3 latte with any breakfast wrap or breakfast panini. With two locations in the Tri Cities including one in Coquitlam at City Hall on Burlington Drive. All items are made fresh daily.
- Doughnut Love: 25% off all on-line orders. Enjoy the best hand-made doughnuts available. It’s about love for great food, love for the community and love for the each other.
- High Street Pizza: Large premium High Street pizza $24.99 – Medium vegan spinach pizza $15.99 – Persian Calzone + drink $11.99. Check out this family-owned pizzeria on the High Street located in Coquitlam City Centre.
- Golden Parrots Pub + Restaurant: $22 for a 2-course menu. Experience a selection of freshly made, in-house menu items including a variety of gluten-free options.
- House Of Tofu Soup & Grill Express: FREE soft drink with order of Tofu Soup or any grilled item. Known for its flavourful and carefully selected ingredients and providing an authentic Korean culinary experience.
- Ibex Cafe + Kitchen: Soup of the day, chicken wings OR flatbread with a side of salad OR roasted veggies for $25 – available 2pm-close. Ibex has been creating appetizing food for years, defining gourmet recipes by incorporating flavors and stories as diverse and simple as the very Burke Mountain community.
- Lazzez’s Grill Indian Cuisine: Dine in and receive FREE Naan with every order over $30 OR save 10% on all take-out orders. Try roast skewered and marinated chunks of meat with a smoky flavour cooked in the traditional Indian tandoor.
- Legend House Chinese Restaurant: Three delicious discounted dishes to choose from. Conveniently located within Coquitlam City Centre, Legend House serves mainly Szechuan cuisine and Northern Chinese style dim sum.
- M Cafe: Something for everyone! Everyday favourites, fried rice noodles, Japanese inspired mini hot pot, BLT sandwiches and more. $29.99 3 course set menu.
- Oliviers La Boulangerie: Bread is alive and real bread helps you to be the same! 20% of ALL croissants and chocolatines.
- Singapore Hawker: 10% off ALL appetizers on the regular price menu. This fast food concept honours the hawker-style dining culture that accommodates groups of all sizes.
- Soul Bite Food Inc.: – 10% off online orders with Promo Code: LOVE Award-winning comfort food designed for retail food service and include flavours from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- Steve’s Poke Bar: – $30 & $40 dine-in menu options. Quick service, preserving the method and traditional way of serving authentic Hawaiian Poke with options of toppings.
- The Wild Fig: Enjoy contemporary dining with a vibrant array of local and globally infused dishes. $45 3-course menu.
- On and Off Brunch Cafe: Located by Coquitlam’s luscious Mundy Park, serving a wide range of American & European inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Take advantage of the $42 3-course dinner menu, you won’t be disappointed.
- Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club: It’s much more than just a golf course, it’s a community comprised of residents, visitors, members and dedicated staff that bring them altogether. From daily tee-times, weddings, golf tournaments and special events there is something for everyone. Purchase a $75 ticket to the popular Coquitlam Craft Beer Festival March 3, 7pm – 10pm.
Taste of the Tri-Cities is organized by Tri-Local, a new partnership between the cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody as well as the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce and five organizations: Austin Heights BIA, Downtown Port Coquitlam BIA, Port Moody & Co., Shop Local and the Tri-City News.