Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9, and after this past year, moms the world over can use some extra appreciation. From flowers and gifts to great brunch spots and places to buy treats in Coquitlam, here are seven ways to treat your mom on her special day – even if you can’t be with her in person.
A tried-and-true way to put a smile on her face. These local florists are open for you to walk in and even some offer delivery. Be sure to place your order ahead of time.
- Artisan Gifts & Flowers: 1038A Austin Ave., 604-936-7901
- Blooming Buds Florist: 220 – 3025 Lougheed Hwy (Sunwood Square Shopping Plaza), 604-941-9992
- Frans’ Flowers: 2929 Barnet Hwy (Coquitlam Centre, Food Court Entrance), 604-941-9009
- Floral Melody: 110 – 1169 Pacific St, 604-773-8158
- Marshall Flower Garden: 658 Clarke Rd., (604) 931-3511
- Urban Roots Garden Centre: 1150 The High St. (Coquitlam Centre outside H&M Entrance), 604-856-6019
- Shana’s Flowers: 587 Gatensbury Street, 604-492-0555
For a thoughtful gift for your one-of-a-kind mom, consider purchasing from a local artisan. Check out the new location of the Poirier Street Farmers Market, open Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., where you’ll find vendors selling local fruits and vegetables, hand-crafted jewelry, pottery, clothing, body care products and artisanal food projects. Take a walk through with Mom on her day or pick up goodies to deliver.
Another great option is the Place des Arts Artisan Shop, which offers hand-crafted gift items including original artwork, housewares, accessories, cards and more. You’ll also find a great selection of locally handmade gifts at Artisan Gifts & Flowers in Austin Heights.
Looking for a cake, specialty baked goods or a dessert spot? Many are offering Mother’s Day boxes or let the friendly staff help you to build your own. Here are some to try:
- Cakes N Sweets: Treat your mom like a queen with high tea to go.
- Cup Full Dessert Café: Korean-inspired dessert café in Henderson Place Mall.
- The Clever Cupcakes: Cupcakes! With gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free or sugar-free options.
- Dairy Queen: Ice cream cakes available for pickup at Coquitlam Centre or 1085 Lougheed Hwy.
- Marble Slab Creamery: Ice cream cakes for pickup at Pinetree Village.
- Maxim’s Bakery: Cakes, pies and pastries, located at Henderson Place Mall.
- Minoo Bakery & Pastry: Persian treats and homemade ice cream.
- Snowy Village: Get your icy dessert to eat during a walk around Lafarge Lake.
- Olivier’s Breads: Breads and French pastries made on site.
- Passion8 Dessert: Korean-style dessert with milk-shaved ice in Henderson Place Mall.
- Tops Chef: Amazing breads and pastries with Persian/Iranian specialties.
- Urban Gate: In-house bakery with a large selection of pastries and cakes.
- Wonderffle: Pick up some delicious waffles to go.
Coffee and Treats
Take a walk around your neighbourhood and try one of these cafés with amazing goodies, paired with caffeine. Take it to go to a nearby park or take a seat on their patio.
- Awesome Place Coffee & Dessert: In house made treats with new outdoor seating.
- Beanery Coffeehouse and Eatery: Located on Westwood Plateau, coffee, baked goods and scratch-made pizza.
- Brisk Café: Treats and homemade food on Pinetree with outdoor seating.
- Café Bono: With a patio, on North Road’s Hanin Village.
- Café Delitzi: Located in City Centre – try their coffee tasting flight.
- Caffé Divano: Close to Town Centre Park, in house baked goods and outdoor seating.
- C Market Coffee Roaster + Kitchen: Cakes, treats, in house roasted coffee and a new patio.
- Coffee + Vanilla: French macarons, cakes and specialty coffee and outdoor seating.
- Connected Minds Café & Roastery: Amazing beans in Burquitlam.
- Creekside Coffee Factory: Fresh in house roasted coffee and baked goods in City Centre.
- Sweethoney Dessert: Hong Kong-style dessert on North Road.
Brunch – Take Out or Patio Style
Support your favourite local restaurant by ordering take out or visit one of the many patios that are open for that outdoor dining experience we all love. Bonus – with new patios opening daily, give somewhere new a try – the business will appreciate it!
To view a map of local spots with patios, or to search for takeout and delivery options, check out our restaurant map! You can filter the map by category and food type or simply plug in key words into the search bar.
Picnic Take Outs
Roll out the red carpet for mom. Or should we say, the red-and-white checked tablecloth? Try these businesses to stock up on deli items.
- A&D Euro Deli Market, in Austin Heights (1037 Ridgeway Ave.).
- Euro Food Tri City, in Burquitlam (1 – 555 North Rd.).
- Giancarlo Italian Deli, in Austin Heights (1115A/B Austin Ave.).
- Tina European Deli, in Maillardville (931 Brunette).
Give the Gift of Time
- Visit a favourite park or pick a new one using the City of Coquitlam’s Park Finder Tool.
- Go for a hike or bike ride close to home.
- Book an (outdoor) family swim – did you know Eagle Ridge and Spani Outdoor pools are open? Book a family swim time online.
- Looking for some local garden inspiration? Spend some distanced time outside with mom at one of Coquitlam’s public gardens and parks.
- Stay inside and set up a watch party online if you are celebrating Mother’s Day at a distance. Check out Coquitlam in Film for ideas.
Are you a local business who would like to add your information to this list? Tell us about it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.