Hello, 2021. Here’s to a new year and a fresh start. This is the time of year when we traditionally hit the reset button, ready to refuel and rejuvenate our bodies. From refreshing smoothies to healthy dishes, here are some options in Coquitlam to eat and drink clean while also supporting the local businesses that make our community great.
Add some fresh, tasty goodness to your daily routine.
- Specialty Foods: Nourish your body with raw, organic, vegan or gluten-free dishes. You’ll find healthy options at local cafés C Market Coffee, Coffee + Vanilla (including vegan treats), and Caffé Divano and Café Delitzi (both near Coquitlam Centre). Scroll through the full list of restaurants and see which offer takeout and delivery.
- Korean: Coquitlam is home to one of the largest Korean communities in Canada, where you’ll find everything from cozy cafés to spacious restaurants serving home-style recipes handed down through generations. Bone broths are boiled for hours and are not only delicious, but potentially full of nutritional benefits. Read our recent blog for recommendations.
- Persian: Coquitlam is home to a vibrant Persian community. And with that, comes amazing food made with fresh ingredients and traditional herbs and spices to support your body. Check out this list of Persian restaurants to try.
- Vietnamese: Think steaming bowls of Pho with healthy broth or rice paper salad rolls made with fresh ingredients. Check out this blog featuring amazing local pho restaurants.
If you’re trying to lose the booze this month, we’ve got plenty of suggestions for a healthy cold one to help you rehydrate: Here are some places to rehydrate.
- Booster Juice: Located inside Coquitlam Centre, take your pick of a wide selection of smoothies and fresh juices, plus healthy food options including energy bowls and chia puddings.
- Jugo Juice: Also located inside Coquitlam Centre, explore their extensive menu of juices and smoothies, with healthy food options also available.
- Bubble Tea: Check out our list! While some of these drinks would be considered desserts, many of the locations in Coquitlam also sell fresh juices and healthy options.
Health Food Stores
If you’re interested in stocking up on healthy snacks and supplements, you won’t have to travel far.
- Body Energy Club: Grab a smoothie and stock up on supplements and vitamins at this shop on Barnet Highway.
- Coquitlam Centre: Multiple shops to choose from, including Alive Health Centre, Nutrition House Coquitlam and GNC.
- Fuel Coquitlam: Feast your eyes on health food products at this shop on Lougheed Highway.
- Popeye’s: Power up your workout with protein powder and other products.
Move Your Body
Now that you have fueled your body with healthy food and drink, you’ll probably want to get moving. Here are a few suggestions where you can support local to buy all of your fitness gear.
- Active Wear: Coquitlam Centre is your one-stop-shop for active wear, no matter the activity. Check out over 200 stores, many of which carry athletic gear including Sport Chek, Lululemon, Atmosphere, The North Face, Champs Sports, J76 and more.
- Equipment: Pay a visit to Coquitlam’s various sports stores for gear, fitness and sport equipment and accessories including Kinetik Cycles, Volleyball Stuff, Sport Chek, Lacrosse Experts, Cyclone Taylor Sports, Soccer Express Superstore and more.
Did we miss your favourite healthy food or drink place? Tell us about it! Email email@example.com to be added to the list.