Please note current Provincial Health Orders require that we dine only with someone from our own household, and within our local community. So, support your neighbourhood restaurants with take out or dine in.
Taste of the Tri-Cities is the event we’ve all been waiting for – a reason to dine out (or take out) and try something new. With the bonus of staying close to home, this foodie event is an excuse to eat, drink and be merry, all while supporting our local restaurants.
Running from Monday, Feb. 15 until Friday, March 19, this event showcases dozens of restaurants throughout Coquitlam, Port Moody and Port Coquitlam, including over 25 in Coquitlam alone. Participating restaurants, pubs, cafés and craft breweries are offering food specials that won’t be seen on the regular menu.
Did we mention this is Taste of the Tri-Cities’ first year in operation? Visit their website to view the offers, including everything from discounts on takeout orders to set menus to dine-in experiences.
Need more inspiration? Check out our latest blog on 10 Reasons to Support Local during Taste of the Tri Cities.
Coquitlam Restaurants to Try
So, what’s on the menu? Here are some highlights you won’t want to miss. Click to learn more about the Taste of the Tri-Cities.
Set Menu Options
- Browns Socialhouse – Schoolhouse: $35 set menu featuring some of their best dishes, available for dine in or take out.
- Browns Socialhouse – Town Centre: Opt for a three-course bundle offer at a special discounted price.
- Fairways Grill & Patio: $35 set menu. Come for the food, stay for the view. The $35 special menu includes any appetizer, the feature of the evening, and any dessert. Call ahead to reserve.
- Jamila’s Kitchen & Grill: $23.99 Jamila’s Souvlaki Meal. Jamila is a chef of Afghan descent, integrating local and organic food into the menu.
- Kulinarya Filipino Eatery – Enjoy an amazing experience with the Kulinarya Taste of the Tri-Cities Menu, offering three unique combos for $18-$20! Available 12 to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
- Kokoro Tokyo Mazesoba – Lougheed: Set menu special featuring mazesoba, translated as a mixed noodle (ramen) without any soup, topped with fresh ingredients.
- The Lantern Public House: $25 menu package featuring a beer or house wine, starter food and main course at this friendly local pub in Central Coquitlam.
- Mariner Brewing: Set menu for two at $45-50 including two appies, two rice bowls and a four-pack of your choice or two pints if you’re dining in.
- Me-N-Ed’s Pizza Parlor: $39.95 special for a dozen wings, select salads and a medium specialty pizza.
- Milestones Bar & Grill: Dining at Milestones Bar & Grill just got better. Now enjoy a 3-course menu for $35 when you dine in or take out.
- MR MIKES Steakhouse Casual Coquitlam: Stay tuned for details about their set menu. They’re also offering a takeout special including a fiesta steak feature.
- Nagano Japanese Restaurant: Check out the Omakase Special for $44.99 at Nagano Japanese Restaurant located just across the street from Coquitlam Centre.
- Pasta Polo: Take N Bake COVID creation for pickup only. Order their popular dishes at $20/dish, $35 for two of the same or $50 for three of the same.
- Rio Brazilian Steakhouse: $49 or $99 set menu. All-you-can eat dinner for two for $95 including BBQ, two cocktails and a dessert to share. Or $49 for one person including the BBQ, a cocktail and dessert.
- The John B Neighbourhood Pub: Try the $20 Tri City Combo at the John B Pub featuring a burger, a side and beer at a local favourite in Austin Heights.
- The Keg Steakhouse and Bar: Whether you’re dining with us or enjoying our takeout menu from home, we’re here to make every occasion special. The Keg Steakhouse and Bar has put together a fabulous $50 set menu. Enjoy!
- Cora Breakfast and Lunch: Try the Banana Blast and Fruit Cocktail at a special bundle price.
- Fresh Slice Pizza: Freshslice Pizza is the ultimate crowd-pleasure. Flavourful sauces, real cheeses, fresh toppings all spread on a delicious multigrain crust equals, comfort food at its finest. Enjoy their Taste of the Tri Cities Special.
- The Coquitlam Grill: Bonus deals. When you order any two entrees from their Fresh Seasonal menu, you’ll receive a free appetizer and dessert. Also get a free canned soft drink with every pick-up meal.
- La Ruota Pizzeria: 10% off a pizza made the southern Italian way using hand-picked, fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection in a 900-degree oven.
- Loz Takos: Three offers for the Tri Cities, including 6 tacos for $12 on Tuesdays. This taqueria specializes in traditional, authentic Mexican street food with an urban ambiance.
- Mercado Mexican Market & Taqueria: 5% off direct takeout orders. Get your fix of authentic Mexican dishes and recipes, full of fresh flavours.
- Morning Tide Eatery: $2 off the MTE bundle including an entrée and smoothie. This eatery is a modern take on classic brunch food, with hints of Asian heritages.
- Pho Holiday: PHỞ Holiday is a friendly neighbourhood restaurant in Austin Heights serving fine, authentic Vietnamese cuisine and PHỞ. Enjoy 10% off Take Out at this local gem.
- The Taphouse Coquitlam: 25% direct takeout orders from this modern tavern with great craft beer selection.
Café & Bakery Deals
- Beanery Coffeehouse and Eatery: 15% off select food items at this family-run business specializing in organic ingredients, homemade pizzas and tasteful vegan/vegetarian options.
- C Market Coffee + Roastery + Kitchen: $20 Tasting Set including brunch, a drink and cake. Coffee is ground on-site at this upscale coffee bar with amazing treats.
- Cakes N Sweets: $25 for high tea to go, featuring delectable baked treats just like Grandma used to make.
- Chachi’s Sandwiches: 2 for 1 voucher, worth $13 for a future visit with a purchase of two sandwiches from this gourmet sandwich shop located inside Coquitlam Centre’s food court.
- Coffee + Vanilla: 10% off a pastry box including 7 butter pastries. This Austin Heights café is a fav among coffee lovers, complete with amazing desserts, cakes and coffees.
- Coffeeholic: 10% off takeout orders. A perfect pit-stop for your coffee and sweet tooth fix.
Enter to Win
Taste of the Tri-Cities
Taste of the Tri-Cities is organized by Tri-Local, a new partnership between the cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody as well as the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce and five organizations: Austin Heights BIA, Downtown Port Coquitlam BIA, Port Moody & Co., Shop Local and the Tri-City News.
Stay Local Until further notice, all non-essential travel to and within British Columbia should be avoided. While now is not the time to travel, there’s plenty to do safely and responsibly just outside your door. Explore your local community and support local businesses in the process. For more information about the latest Provincial Health Orders, click here.